Ex Libris June 2015


Novels/Novellas:
The Name of The Wind, Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicles) by Patrick Rothfuss
Both rereads for fun. It was interesting to reread these in terms of the Unit on Emotional Writing in my course... If anyone can make you feel what a character feels it's Rothfuss. There are quirks of his writing style which I'm noticing more now on my... many-eth re-reading, which I hadn't spotted before. I'm rapidly being lured back into speculation for the next book... soon please, Mr Rothfuss?

Short Fiction:
none 

Nonfiction:
2k to 10k by Rachel Aaron
Based on this blog post, this book is a little personal anecdote about productivity but it offers some great tips on plot structure and pacing that reinforced some of my course notes about plot. I'm always slightly ashamed that more days than not go by without a single word from me, but the book definitely underlined some of the problems that I'm having and proposed some strategies to help. Recommended, particularly at 99p.

Anthologies:

None

Comics:
none

No comments:

Post a Comment