Ex Libris August 2015



Not a lot of reading this month, because of my birthday. Also not a lot of tracking of reading this month... because of my birthday. Oops?

Novels/Novellas:
Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire

Short Fiction:
Apocalypse Scenario #683: The Box by Mira Grant
Please Do Not Taunt The Octopus by Mira Grant

Nonfiction:
That Seriously Obnoxious Time I Was Stuck At Witch Rimelda's One Hundredth Birthday Party - by Tina Connolly
Prizes for the most seriously obnoxiously longest name ever? Besides that this was incredibly good fun. This is the kind of short story that I would have wanted in novel form at 13/14.

Anthologies:
Rogues ed. George R.R. Martin
I have been meaning to read this for ages, mostly for the Patrick Rothfuss short in it. All the stories were fantastic, except, to me, for the George R.R. Martin one. I don't care for his world, or his method of story telling so it just didn't do it for me. I prefer to think it closed on Rothfuss but that's just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment