Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001)

Brotherhood of the Wolf



Vivienne Westwood tall shirt, $400 / Coco's Fortune velvet jacket, $38 / Victorian cape / Panel legging / Frye , $325 / Iron Fist heels / Chain jewelry / Ugo Cacciatori sterling silver pendant necklace
 Mani on the left, Marianne on the right.
I have to be completely up front and admit that this outfit was just an excuse for me to use that velvet jacket. I'm desperate to get my hands on this jacket! If you see it for sale online/offline in a 12 or 14, please, please let me know! 

Brotherhood of the Wolf is a very hard film to categorise. part supernatural horror, part thriller, part historical drama, with some fantastically atmospheric fantasy sequences. Red is one of the few standout colours in this film, and nobody wears it better than Marianne Morangias. Her costume is always vibrant, almost taunting when so many of the other characters fade into the background in greys and browns. She recalls the colour of blood, the colour of the Templars, history and the old blood she comes from. 

I went with kitschy over haute for Marianne with those terribly obvious Iron Fist shoes and Twilight t-shirt, which could be swapped out for something a bit more glamorous - a gold bralet or black vintage bustier would work but I love the idea of having that OTT jacket mixed with semi-casual choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment